Cooper: Diane, last night I dreamed I was eating a large, tasteless gumdrop, and awoke to discover I was chewing on one of my foam disposable earplugs. Perhaps I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption.
-- "Twin Peaks"

Search This Blog

Saturday, June 4, 2011

May In Review

The big news in May is that I got a job offer, 14 months after being laid off, so now it's back to work.

This month was also the Ludophilia gaming convention.  Four days of board games at the beautiful Crystal Lake Holiday Inn.

And would I be remiss in not mentioning the official completion of "Blackened Blue Roses"? Now available at cdbaby.com and (downloads only) from multiple places, such as iTunes and Amazon's mp3 store.

And in this month's list of movies, a couple of the old ones I'd never seen before were "Rocky Horror Picture Show" -- didn't much care for it and I almost can't tell why so many theater people seem to love it so -- and "Corvette Summer" -- loved it; great combination of Mark Hamill and a Corvette.
+----------------------------------------------------------+
| 2011-05-01 - Honey, I Shrunk The Kids (1989)             |
| 2011-05-03 - National Lampoon's European Vacation (1985) |
| 2011-05-04 - Freeway (1996)                              |
| 2011-05-05 - Jonah Hex (2010)                            |
| 2011-05-06 - Conquest of the Planet of the Apes (1972)   |
| 2011-05-07 - Into The Woods (1991)                       |
| 2011-05-08 - Battle for the Planet of the Apes (1973)    |
| 2011-05-09 - Man On Fire (1987)                          |
| 2011-05-10 - WarGames (1983)                             |
| 2011-05-14 - Born To Be Bad (1934)                       |
| 2011-05-16 - Rules Of Attraction, The (2002)             |
| 2011-05-17 - Amazing Dr. Clitterhouse, The (1938)        |
| 2011-05-18 - Man On Fire (2004)                          |
| 2011-05-19 - Freakonomics (2010)                         |
| 2011-05-20 - Seven Samurai (1954)                        |
| 2011-05-21 - Roaring Twenties, The (1939)                |
| 2011-05-26 - Gamer (2009)                                |
| 2011-05-26 - He's Just Not That Into You (2009)          |
| 2011-05-27 - Twelfth Night (1996)                        |
| 2011-05-29 - Rocky Horror Picture Show, The (1975)       |
| 2011-05-30 - Corvette Summer (1978)                      |
| 2011-05-30 - For Your Eyes Only (1981)                   |
| 2011-05-31 - Ffolkes (1980)                              |
+----------------------------------------------------------+
23 rows in set (0.01 sec)

7 comments:

  1. Please tell me that wasn't the F bomb I heard in the newly remastered Jill Elizabeth serenade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good God, My little daughter was listening to the poetic music of the remastered Jill Elizabeth and now she's using the frickin' F bomb in all that she says. I didn't see any lyric warnings. What's up with that??? Who are you owl boy???

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, Anonymous, settle down. It seems a little early in the evening to be falling down drunk. I can't imagine why you suddenly started hearing vulgarities. Or why that would matter to you. Or your imaginary daughter. I dare you to throw out everything you have that contains foul language. And after that, all of my recordings will still be there. I hope the voices in your head are keeping quiet.

    I deleted your last comment for using my full name. Your comments went from mildly humorous to sounding like someone in need of a straitjacket in less than half an hour. Now, put down the Jagermeister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you're censoring your mama? Is that what this, your world has come to? Censoring your mama? What would poor Jill Elizabeth say if she had to witness her beautiful serenade now turned into some jungle gangster rhyme chock full of profanity???

    BTW congrats on your new job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ... and for the record I only have two albums with warning labels: Avril Lavigne for saying $hit on one song - whoop de doo. and Axel Rose on one of his CDs which frankly you can't make out any lyric so who cares? Clean it up, DCE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok I'm ready to move on to your next blog. My last comment on the Jill Elizabeth serenade is that, while I enjoyed the higher fidelity of the remastered version, I have to say that the lower fidelity rendition with lyrics of Jill Elizabeth from "Slipping through the cracks" was much better when "she was the best looking girl around"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, "Jill", everyone's got his own preferences. I never thought changing one word from how it was on "Falling Through The Cracks" to something I like better -- from "girl" to "chick" -- would even be noticed, let alone cause the new version to make a lesser impression. I also never would have guessed you would be the type who has a problem with "chick". But there you go. Life is full of surprises. And you've provided me with half a dozen in just the last few days!

    ReplyDelete